Belfast City Airport Limited (company number NI16363) having its registered office at Sydenham By Pass, Belfast BT3 9JH ("BCA", "we", "our" and "us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is George Best Belfast City Airport Limited (company number NI16363) having its registered office at Sydenham By Pass, Belfast BT3 9JH (ICO data controller registration number Z8488868).
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site http://www.belfastcityairport.com/ or ("our site"), by signing up to use BCA WiFi and/or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you sign up to use BCA WiFi or when you use our site, including to search for flights, make a booking, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site or each use of BCA WiFi we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- anonymised analytics information about your presence on and movements throughout Belfast City Airport premises, including shops and restaurants.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we may operate from time to time or the other services we may provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may also obtain information about you when you use BCA WiFi to access third party websites or apps, including (without limitation) social media sites.
3. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
By using BCA WiFi, where you opt in to receive the latest news, deals and information from BCA, you agree that we may process your personal data for these marketing purposes and may disclose your personal data for these marketing purposes and may disclose your information to third parties for such purposes.
Otherwise, if you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to understand and measure the frequency and length of your visits to various parts of BCA premises, including shops and restaurants;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we or third parties offering goods or services at Belfast City Airport serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others and third party providers of goods and services on BCA premises that require the data to understand customer preferences. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to such advertisers or providers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day; or 200 BCA WiFi users have spent over 30 minutes in a specified shop in a given week). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women living BT4). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with such advertisers' or providers wishes by displaying their advertisements to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Belfast City Airport Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
In connection therewith you acknowledge and agree that we and our third party subcontractors may:
- implement and maintain an interception capability where BCA and/or such third party subcontractors are obliged by law to ensure or procure that such a capability is implemented and maintained;
- that BCA and/or such third party subcontractors may implement and maintain a data retention capability where they are obliged by law to ensure or procure that data is retained;
- co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA / INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ONLINE
All personal data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site or to BCA WiFi, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or otherwise transmitted to us for the purposes of accessing BCA WiFi; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
BCA WiFi is not a secure network and we are not responsible for the security of the content or data which you transmit, upload or download to or from your device using BCA WiFi. To the fullest extent permitted by law, BCA excludes all liability of any kind in relation to the content or security of data (personal or otherwise) that you send or receive using BCA WiFi. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph does not limit or exclude BCA's liability for a breach of any data protection obligations imposed on us by law in relation to the information which BCA obtains from you through your access to BCA WiFi.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You may exercise your right at any time by contacting us at our Contact Us section of our website .
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.